You may need to apply for a visitor visa if you intend to stay temporarily in New Zealand, but you don’t intend to study or work. When you are granted a permit, you can stay in New Zealand for a maximum period of up to 9 months.
Along with your completed and signed application form you will also need to provide all the information listed at the front of the application form, and the correct fee. Your application can cover your partner, and any dependent children up to the age of 19. Children over 20, and non-dependents, will need to make their own application.
You will also need to show us proof that you have enough money to support yourself during your stay.
DOCUMENT CHECKLIST VISITOR VISA
- Filled in Application form
- Recent passport size photograph of the applicant and any family members travelling with them
- A valid passport for each person included in the application (note: not required for Auckland visitor permit applicants)
- Paid application fee
- Evidence of financial support while in New Zealand
- Evidence of onward travel from New Zealand
- Other evidence required in the specific category of applying